Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pledges


These are U.K. aerosols by the way.

Anyway, I'm swallowing books like they're very very large candies so I figure I ought to read screenplays as well. I pledge to read at least 1 screenplay a week. Not as if that should be a hard promise to live up to, they only take a couple of hours to read. It's just tedious reading them off the computer and I feel badly if I print them out. I think I'll have to see if I can read them in a 2page per 1 format and then use both sides.

I was looking for a copy of The Lovely Bones screenplay, as I'll be done with the book soon and the movie's coming out but I couldn't find it.
I mean, of course they'll have ramshakled any internet source for it with the movie coming and all, but really? If a person is THAT interested in it... I mean, I understand hiding away sequels or movies from books like Harry Potter (which again, only really because it's a sequel, I doubt people would be scrambling for the first one) or something, but it's my thinking that people aren't likely to be rushing to find out the spoilers in the feature version of a book. The people interested in the changes can find it in reviews online.

Meh. Ah well. Maybe I'm underestimating fandom at large. I'll see the movie eventually, and eventually the screenplay will be available. Until then, there's plenty of other stuff.

Second Pledge:
To update regularly. I think I said this before but I don't want this blog to not be a big piece of crap. I notice that blogs that are not pieces of crap are updated regularly. Ergo...

So, I suppose a good way for this to happen would be to follow through on my pledge of reading a screenplay a week, and the blogging about it. Regular weekly update. We'll say Sunday. Good things happen on Sunday. Like Mad Men. Or... it used to. Until a half hour ago when the season finale aired, not that I've seen it yet. But I guess I'll have to be the good thing until August when Mad Men is back! *sob sob sob*

11-10-09 Update

I found The Lovely Bones screenplay! I wasn't even lookin' fo' it no mo'.

Also, way to not look in some obvious places, Aleks. Why was I looking the hard way? AND HOW COME THE HARD WAY DIDN'T YIELD RESULTS!? It should have, seeing as where I eventually found it.

Who wants to buy me some sort of magic printer that is super cheap to print on? And magic paper that is inexpensive and not made from trees?

Also: Holy Crap, season finale of Mad Men was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment