Friday, March 5, 2010

Ahhhhh Sh*t


I absolutely love this work of James Jean's.

...and that is exactly how things go with me. Somehow, I can't just grab shit and run forward like it always seems my peers can do, I have to make things complicated for myself. So out of that one can (maybe) ascertain my sudden drop of updates. Or not. I've excuses like a kidnapper has candy but neither are good for anybody, are they? Not me and the kidnapper (though the kidnapper, no not good) but I'm referring to the candy and excuses. Well, candy from kidnappers, candy is good on it's own. In moderation, you know, yadda.

SO!


I've dropped, for the second time out of three attempts, the fiction program at my college. It's supposed to be all amazing and stuff but it just does not go with me. It aggravates. For now, I'll stick to self-study and practice for the writing. I only wanted it for it's body - it's got a big ol'... semester in LA program that is super awesome, and I wanted to try out a writing minor in an effort to get in its LA pants. For now, I've put that on hold. I'll solve that problem in a bit. I still want in the pants.

Right now I'm working on an idea for a comic/graphic novel form. I started developing it last year and have now picked it back up. I really believe in it so hopefully I can get it somewhere. To me, the comic form is really similar to the screenplay which is what initially attracted me to it. It makes for an easy transition should I decide to do that in the future, but for now I'm keeping it in comic form.

Unrelated: I'm also working on learning the ukulele.

What I've learned: As the legendary (not at all) boy group 98 degrees sang in their single for Disney's Mulan - "be true to your heart".  Or something. I don't know if that lesson really works with this. But, you know, try and listen to what it is you learn and then... you won't get stuck in ruts? Or something? Either way, I've (re)learned that the fiction program at school is not for me. I've unlearned this once before, but for now, I'm sticking with a thumbs down on that particular scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment